Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrating the 4th

FAMILY NEWSLETTER
-I didn't hear from anyone, so I don't have much to share...

I hope you'all enjoyed Independence Day 2010.
- Carol and I, as well as Colleen and her family, attended the Red, White and Bue firewords display held at our college campus. It was spectacular once again. It is still amazing that the small towns surrounding us can put on these huge events - especially patriotic events like this fireworks show.
- It was while we waited for the fireworks to begin that we got a call from Aunt Diane informing us that Clarence's brother Ed has died peacefully June 25th. He was the last of the siblings.
- I talked with Bruce last week and he told me about the unfortunate event he exerienced just as he and Shirley were about to take a leisurely tour to see springtime near the Canadian border and to visit friends. He'll have to tell you his story when we meet up with him at the 2010 Thatcher Family Reunion.
- Carol and Nancy joined Cheryree in Kansas City for the weekend.
- Marjorie's son Roy with Kathy spent their weekend together in Bolivar.
-I had guests in for buffet and a game of dominoes. No barbeque this 4th (I don't have one - and wouldn't know how to cook on one...)
-That's the news from this BLOGGER. I'm back to trying to write stories for money (magazines) or money (competitions). So far my wrotom income in 2010 is $00.00.

Dont forget to send my your Family History, news for the Family Newsetter, Stories to Share, Thoughts of Inspiration, or other interesting stuff to include in your Thatchermagazine BLOG.

I'LL BE LOOKING T SEE YOU AT THE THATCHER FAMILY REUNION, AUGUST 7-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment