Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year; New Beginning

I survived 2009 and have stepped into 2010 with as much enthusiasm as I can muster.

In order to survive this year in comfort, I have chosen simpler and easier resolutions:

#1: I will be grateful for the physical, mental and spiritual balance in my life.

#2: I will be selfish; I will go places, do things and enjoy people who make my life happy.

#3: I will search for inspiration that enriches my well-being (then share it with others).

#4: I will laugh every day (whether I feel like it or not).

#4: I will read and write every day (as I am fortunate to have enough sight to do so).

#5: I will turn up the music and dance (as I am fortunate to have energy to do so).

#6: I will enjoy the fruits of life, and the vegetables and chicken-fried steak and chocolates.

#7: I will appreciate every of the 1,440 minutes I am given, one day at a time, in 2010!

Perhaps I have chosen these 7 resolutions because it is too late in life for me to live fast, die young and have a good-looking corpse. I find life at a slower pace more personal, more colorful, detailed, hopeful, energetic, serene and more rewarding. Hurray for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment